Why take this Master?
Law & Finance (LLM)
- Extensive labour market research has shown that the job market perspectives for graduates of this programme are excellent.
- The cooperation between the Law School (ranked 23rd in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Law) and the Finance group at the Amsterdam Business school (ranked in the top 15 Finance departments in Europe) guarantees high quality content. Furthermore, all Master’s degree programmes at the University of Amsterdam are accredited by the NVAO, and the Amsterdam Business School has 'triple accreditation' from the three leading international accreditation bodies: AACSB; the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System.
- Programme content will be state-of-the-art since it is backed up by the research of the Amsterdam Center for Law and Economics (ACLE). ACLE functions as an interdisciplinary platform and hosts a variety of activities that seek to encourage fruitful co-operation across the fields of law and economics at the University of Amsterdam in interaction with international academia, fitting with its overall mission. The institute produces research that has been consistently rated as “world-class”.
- Amsterdam is where the majority of the industry is located, which makes it easier for students to approach the most sought-after employers for internships, thesis projects and jobs.
- Amsterdam is a very pleasant place to live. It is a tolerant and relatively safe city, most of whose residents speak English, and there is a large community of international students.