Amsterdam Law School students receive AMS Scholarship
On Thursday, 3 October the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship Ceremony took place in the Agnietenkapel.
After the ceremony was opened by Anouk Tso (Senior Policy Adviser International Relations) Professor Dymph van den Boom, Rector Magnificus of the University of Amsterdam, welcomed students from different faculties who received a Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. In her speech she stressed the fact that selection was merit-based and that the University of Amsterdam was honoured having such a large group of excellent students in her midst.
Professor dr Alexander Rinnooy Kan focused on the need of excellent students who may play a role in the continuation of international cooperation which is so important, especially, in times of financial crisis.
The ceremony was concluded by presenting the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship certificate to some 60 students. The following 6 students from the Graduate School of law received the certificate:
- Alexandra Dmitrievna Ivakhnik from Novosibirk, Russia
- Jie Jiang from Zhejiang, China
- Mladen Vujic from Kragujevac, Serbia
- Ievgeniia Lukianchenko from Kmelnytkyi Mukono, Ukraine
- Simon Kabera from Kigali, Rwanda
- Gayk Ayvazyan from Yerevan, Russia