Top 5 reasons to study at the Amsterdam Law School:
- Top staff: Classes are taught by top researchers and practitioners who have worked at EU institutions, international tribunals, the International Court of Justice in The Hague, and other public institutions or top law firms.
- International student body: The ALS has an international and diverse student body.
- Affordable quality: High-quality English-language programmes at affordable tuition rates.
- Amsterdam: Attractive central location in a cosmopolitan city with a high standard of living and widespread use of English.
- Job opportunities: Graduates find jobs with globally competitive law firms and major international institutions in the immediate surroundings.
The Amsterdam Law School of the University of Amsterdam offers students a wide variety of specialised courses and has a strong international orientation, carrying both a global and a European focus. A long-standing tradition of offering LLM programmes taught in English has drawn students from around the world, bringing a truly international atmosphere to our law school.
Interdisciplinary approach and social engagement
The Amsterdam Law School favours an interdisciplinary approach, collaborating with other law schools in the Netherlands and incorporating such fields as economics, psychology and sociology with the study of law. The faculty members are active in various research institutes, while maintaining strong ties with the corporate world. Many staff members are also legal practitioners, thus bringing current and practical insights and developments into their teaching. Social engagement is another characteristic of both staff and students, who frequently offer their services to various law clinics.